- Get ranked list of 250 companies
- See all 500 companies
- Download the entire 2011 InformationWeek 500 issue as a PDF file.
- Download all the data in the 2011 InformationWeek 500 Analytics Report
Heavy Truck Maker Revs Up IT Innovation
Amid brutal recession, PACCAR makes its mark with in-vehicle electronics.
Social Media's A Perfect Fit
Clothing maker leverages Facebook and other media to build its brand and reach more customers.
Trash Disposal Company's New Model: Garbage In, Profits Out
Waste Management uses statistical models to drive price optimization as part of companywide transformation.
Pharma Services Provider Uses Cloud To Drive Revenue
Quintiles' Infosario suite provides analytics and other cloud-based tools.
What does it take to be among the U.S.'s most innovative users of business technology? Here are the CIOs and some key information on the top 10.
CIO Profiles: From Our Archive
IT leaders, including those from many IW 500 companies, share their top priorities, biggest mistakes ... and the dream jobs they might have pursued if they hadn't become CIOs.
These eight projects have earned our Business Innovator awards for InformationWeek 500 initiatives that deliver practical value in critical areas.
- P&G Turns Analysis Into Action
- Waste Management Software Helps Find The Right Price
- How FedEx Has Adapted From Overnight To Over Net
- How Vail Turns Resort Customers Into 'Brand Activists'
- Prudential Financial Shifts Toward Paperless Insurance Processes
- Eli Lilly Uses Web To Broaden Drug Research Reach
- BP Uses Asset Tracking Tech To Aid Oil-Spill Cleanup
- How Penn Medicine Mines E-Records For Clinical Trial Prospects
The truckmaker puts IT innovation inside its products.
It's using social media to get close to customers.
Its transformation is powered
IT team uses cloud to become a direct revenue source.
Big data is a way of life at this analytics company.
Find out about the InformationWeek 500 companies that ranked highest in this year's 12 largest industries -- who they are, where they rank, and what type of IT innovation they pursued.
Download a copy of the 2011 InformationWeek 500 Analytics Report.
9 Critical Trends For Innovative IT
This year's InformationWeek 500 companies are fast, focused, and better funded. Learn from our analysis of how they're mastering today's key issues.
View The Lists
View the top 250 companies sorted by rank or as a downloadable PDF file. View the full listing of the 2011 InformationWeek 500 sorted alphabetically, sorted by industry, or as a downloadable PDF file. (Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
How The InformationWeek 500 Are Selected
The InformationWeek 500 ranking spotlights the power of innovation, rather than just identifying the biggest IT spenders.