Yahoo is making a billion-dollar play for Tumblr -- and for increased relevancy.
In two weeks, I learned plenty about the pros and cons of Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch, a high-end Windows 8 ultrabook.
Deloitte survey contrasts with other data that finds near-universal adoption, reports EHR resisters tend to be older and solo practitioners.
Thanks to new apps and smaller, cheap devices, Windows 8 is primed for a rebound -- if Windows 8.1 delivers.
BlackBerry and Google have both expanded their messaging services to competing platforms, but for different reasons.
NASA, Google and university researchers get access to new quantum computer, as NASA tackles complex problems ranging from air traffic to robotics.
Google will begin selling a stock-Android variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 in June. It is worth the hefty $649 price tag?
- Ireland Launches New National Broadband Service
- Dublin Points Big Data Tech At Traffic Jams
- How Password Strength Meters Can Improve Security
- 4 Ways Driverless Cars Will Shake Up Insurance
- Google, DISA Launch User ID Pilot
- Tableau, Marketo Cash In With Timely IPOs
- VMware Hybrid Cloud Plans: Time For Amazon Answer
- British IT Pro 'Cracks' Call Center Menus
- So You Want To Be A CIO? 4 Tips
- Google To Apple: Catch Us If You Can
- 20 People Who Changed Tech: An Wang
- 5 BI Requests IT Groups Must Challenge
- Problem Of Math Educational Software Needs Solution
- The Government CIO 25
- What's Next In Video Surveillance
InformationWeek Newsletter Sign Up
The InformationWeek Daily delivers a daily snapshot of the IT industry -- breaking news, financial developments, and events that can affect the
Business Technology decisions
you make every day.
Unedited news and product information from vendors.See All Press Releases »
Despite a low-key Google I/O conference this year, Google has transformed itself into a company of fearsome focus.
If actionable business insight, the stuff of BI legend, is the Mt. Everest summit, know this: There's little point to building or buying a better...
If you have C-suite aspirations, consider these four pieces of advice from the school of hard knocks.
How easy-to-use, single-application systems changed the face of computing, communications and business decision-making.
Google's plans to shutter yet another service had many users crying foul. Has Google jeopardized its standing?
Driven by the consumer market, video surveillance is the next big data challenge.
Math instructional software has failed to teach students how to choose the best strategies to solve numbers problems. Why is that the case?
Don't hand over compliance responsibilities when you sign on with a cloud provider.
Elsewhere on UBM Tech
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue