Fun is always a major theme at CES 2012. For owners of iOS-based devices who want to declare war on their co-workers, Dream Cheeky's iOS-based, remote (Bluetooth) controlled missile launcher could be a good weapon of choice.
Destruction is still the most common way to break in somewhere. Datagram provides a talk on Lockpicking Forensics at Black Hat, covering how locks and picks work, various techniques, the affect of normal wear, lock and key analysis and investigation.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory CIO, Jerry Johnson, provides some lessons learned from the attacks on his organization in July -- a highly publicized attack on an organization that provides cyber security services for the Dept. of Energy.
Richard Bejtlich, CSO and VP of managed services, sits down with Dark Reading's Kelly Jackson Higgins at Black Hat USA to talk about the two hats he wears at the incident response company, and trends in attacks against enterprises and security firms.
McAfee Threat Research VP Dmitri Alperovitch and FBI Supervisory Special Agent Keith Mularski discuss the evolution of Russian organized crime into the area of CyberCrime.
EFF's Civil Liberties Director, Jennifer Granick's Black Hat talk: Computer Crime Year in Review - MySpace, MBTA, Boston College and more. Granick discusses some special cases and the the application of legal statutes for them.
FYRM Associates Principal Tony Flick presents research on hacking the smart grid. He talks about the components of the smart grid, the problems (both found and potential), and finally some solutions.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue