On The Web Archives
The company description says it all: "We founded ClearStory Data to make it easy to gather and explore big, diverse, dispersed data for faster and more intuitive insights."
Called "MassPay," Dwolla’s latest addition offers businesses a faster and simpler alternative to check-writing and wire transfers.
A new firm said it plans to make a dramatic debut at RSA Conference 2012 by demonstrating an attack against Google Android smartphones
The Fusion ION acceleration software can yield app performance gains of up to 25X
Most platforms as a service focus on helping developers write shiny new cloud-based applications. Startup CliQr Technologies is more interested in putting the applications that already run businesses into the best cloud to run them and then to make them transportable from cloud to cloud.
Chip-based computer server memory drive maker Fusion-io Inc. reported fiscal fourth-quarter results well above Wall Street's expectations.
In all the talk of cloud computing, Cliqr Technologies CEO Gaurav Manglik says there's one area of enterprise technology that's been sitting out the transition--business applications.
More than 86 percent of top free ios and android apps can access sensitive user data.
A security firm known as CrowdStrike is urging clients to get tough with hackers has hired FBI attorneys to advise customers.
Rackspace customers can now use Cloudability's service for free to keep tabs on their cloud computing costs. As business use of cloud computing grows, the need for such dashboards and metering services will rise as well.
Storage vendor Coraid and data switching vendor Arista Networks are partnering to deliver high-performance Ethernet storage area networking that the companies say could offer a five to eight times price/performance advantage over legacy storage systems, and at the same time make it easier to deploy virtualization and the cloud.
OpenFlow is a specification now managed by the Open Networking Foundation, which defines the functions and protocols used to centrally manage switches via a centralized controller.
This week, I tested a new device that aims to transform Skype video chats into room-size experiences, involving whole families or groups of friends on each end -- seeing each other, chatting and sharing photos in high definition using TVs. It's called telyHD, and comes from a small Silicon Valley start-up called Tely Labs.
Episode 1 of Valley View, streamed live from our San Francisco headquarters, featured Ray Lane, chairman of HP; Aaron Levie, CEO of Box.net; and Omar Baldonado of BigSwitch, a company that has become synonymous with OpenFlow, the hottest topic in data center networking. Plus some of the hottest new gadgets.
As 2011 comes to an end, there are 28 international open data platforms in the open government community. By the end of 2012, code from new "Data.gov-in-a-box" may help many more countries to stand up their own platforms. A partnership between the United States and India on open government has borne fruit: progress on making the open data platform Data.gov open source.More On The Web»
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- How to Automate CE 2.0 Service Delivery
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
- Data Center Performance: Optimization Secrets Revealed