Communication and Collaboration Startups Win Innovation Awards
Four startups focused on enterprise communication and collaboration have been selected the winners of Enterprise Connect's Third Annual Innovation Showcase competition. Chosen from a field of over 20 entries, they are:
- Nexistant, a developer and provider of virtual reception and remote expert videoconferencing applications
- Plivo, a scalable voice and messaging platform wrapped with flexible APIs and backed by 24/7 support
- Scoop App, a collaborative issue management and support system that lets staff and customers record and describe any issue from their mobile device
- ÜberConference, a next-generation audio conferencing service with a visual interface
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Mobile DevOps - Handling Platform Sprawl
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
The four winners will present their ideas and approaches during opening general sessions at the Enterprise Connect Conference & Expo beginning Monday, March 18 at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, FL.
The Innovation Showcase features startup companies with products geared at helping businesses communicate and collaborate more effectively. To qualify, applicant companies had to have at least one customer that employs over 250 people that is currently using the nominated product or service, and have revenues of less than $3.5 million. The winners were selected based on the potential of the company's new idea, product, or service to advance enterprise communications and/or collaboration.
"With only four presentation slots available yet so many fresh ideas, the selection process for the third annual Innovation Showcase award was the toughest yet. Strong applicants boasted so many creative solutions to satisfy the growing demand for communication beyond voice — from adding visual elements to enabling mobile access," said Dave Michels, CEO of Verge1, who managed the Innovation Showcase selection process, in a statement.
"These young and promising companies epitomize the future of workplace communications and collaboration," said Fred Knight, Enterprise Connect GM and Co-Chair, in a statement. "Innovation Showcase winners are inspiring an overall refresh of how businesses use technology to simplify and streamline the exchange ideas and information — what Enterprise Connect is all about."
Nexistant and ÜberConference will present on Monday at 11:00 a.m. and Plivo and Scoop App will present at 1:00 p.m. In addition to the presentations, the four Innovation Showcase winners will be in Booth 1128, in the Enterprise Connect Exhibition.
The Innovation Showcase competition judging panel consisted of Dave Michels, a frequent contributor to NoJitter.com, Enterprise Connect's editorial web site, as well as enterprise communications experts, including customers and industry analysts. Officials from Google, Cisco, Avaya, IBM, Microsoft, Frost & Sullivan, NEC, American Express, MasterCard, Verizon, AT&T, Polycom, Sprint, Comcast and Johnson & Johnson will be among the featured speakers. Conference tracks will include "Building a UC & Collaboration Roadmap," "How to Keep Video from Blowing up Your Network," and "Managing Mobility in a BYOD World."
Enterprise Connect, produced by UBM Tech, publisher of BYTE, will be held from March 18-21. Save $200 Off a Conference Pass or get a FREE Expo Plus Pass.