Jerry Pournelle: A Bibliography
Jerry Pournelle has turned out columns, books, and articles on a wide variety of non-fiction and sci-fi topics over the last 40 years. Most of his non-fiction work is about science and computers. He's written science-fiction books both on his own and with fellow sci-fi novelist Larry Niven.
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- 2013 Social Media Analytics Best-Practices
- Beyond Cost Savings: Four Compelling Reasons To Virtualize Your IT Environment
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs
In the computer world, Jerry is best known as the industry's first and longest-running computer columnist for his "Chaos Manor" column for BYTE Magazine. He also wrote "A Step Farther Out" for Galaxy Science Fiction Magazine, many of which were collected into a book of the same name.
Jerry's science fiction novels include:
And collaborations with Larry Niven, such as:
- The Mote in God's Eye, and its sequel, The Gripping Hand
- Inferno, and its sequel, Escape From Hell
- Oath of Fealty
- Lucifer's Hammer
Jerry also has collaborated with other authors including S. M. Stirling, Dean Ing, and Roland J. Green.
Additionally, Jerry has edited a number of anthologies, including:
- Imperial Stars, volumes 1-3
- There Will be War (with John F. Carr), Vols I-IX