The Justice Department has rejected a request to view a database of foreign lobbyists, saying the file is so big that copying it could cause the computer on which it resides to crash and irretrievably destroy data.
The Justice Department has rejected a request to view a database of foreign lobbyists, saying the file is so big that copying it could cause the computer on which it resides to crash and irretrievably destroy data.Here are the other nine reasons the Bush Administration cited for not revealing which foreign lobbyists are buying off which U.S. government leaders.
2. We started to copy the data manually but realized that that much friction from a pencil on paper could cause a fire.
3. We unrolled the scrolls, but the papyrus was so old ….
4. That work order has been submitted to the House Appropriations Committee.
5. We're in the middle of upgrading our search engine from 2-cycle to 2,000-kw diesel.
6. Damn this scribe strike!
7. We sent it out to Kinko's but we got back the Melemens' wedding invites.
8. Putting a Clapper on the server sounded like a hell of an idea at the time.
9. Funny story. Turns out that database was inadvertently sealed behind a wall. With the hammers and saws.
10. We couldn't close the lid of the Xerox machine over the monitor.
How Enterprises Are Attacking the IT Security EnterpriseTo learn more about what organizations are doing to tackle attacks and threats we surveyed a group of 300 IT and infosec professionals to find out what their biggest IT security challenges are and what they're doing to defend against today's threats. Download the report to see what they're saying.
IT Strategies to Conquer the CloudChances are your organization is adopting cloud computing in one way or another -- or in multiple ways. Understanding the skills you need and how cloud affects IT operations and networking will help you adapt.