Microsoft announced yesterday that it has already sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses, but these are overwhelmingly consumer -- not business -- licenses.
German anti-malware testing firm AV-Test, which closely follows the industry, counts only six corporate endpoint protection solutions for Windows 8 as of Nov. 28, 2012:
- Commtouch Command Anti-Malware 5.1.20
- Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 6.0.3
- Fortinet FortiClient 5.0
- Norman Endpoint Protection 9.10
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.2
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection 8.0.1
By contrast, AV-Test counts 60 consumer anti-virus products available and compatible with Windows 8, including some big names -- like Kaspersky, McAfee and Symantec -- not yet available in corporate editions.
AV-Test only included final, released versions. Beta and other test versions of other products might be available.