This is the Feb. 15 digital issue of InformationWeek. Access is free, but you must be a registered member of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.) Please register below, and click the "Go To Digital Issue" button at bottom of page. Or log in above if you're already a member.
In This Issue:
- Virtual Trouble Ahead: IT teams are in for problems if they don't manage their virtual environments better, especially as virtualization moves beyond servers.
- Beyond Smartphones: They go by a variety of names--netbooks, smartbooks, mobile Internet devices, and booklets. Here's what to consider as you evaluate these next-gen mobile platforms.
- 9 Cloud Computing Questions: A well-crafted service-level agreement and exit strategy are essential as you engage with cloud computing providers. Here are nine important areas to focus on.
- SAP's Reorg: In the wake of CEO Leo Apotheker's sudden resignation, co-founder Hasso Plattner vows that a new management style will drive innovation.
- Federal CTO Job In Jeopardy? The description of the nation's chief technology officer's position is so fuzzy, it could jeopardize the role's existence, Congressional report warns.
- Bob Evans: Steve Jobs torpedoes another stale business model. What you can learn from the Apple CEO and his new iPad as they revolutionize the book business and pick a big fight with Amazon.com.
- Rob Preston: What keeps companies on top.