This is the July 26 digital issue of InformationWeek. Access is free, but you must be a registered member of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.) Please register below, and click the "Go To Digital Issue" button at bottom of page. Or log in above if you're already a member.
In This Special Issue On Cloud Computing:
- Real-World Cloud Computing: Early adopters learn valuable lessons as they make their way up the learning curve.
- Perception Vs. Reality: Is the cloud insecure? Maybe. But that's not the first question you should ask when vetting services.
- Tread Lightly On Private Cloud: Technology makes usage billing much more feasible, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.
- IBM Reorg: Hardware and software units combined under one exec; services, finance, and sales groups retooled to boost collaboration and pull product groups closer together.
- NoSQL Momentum: The Web-friendly alternative to relational databases gets another lift, this time from hot startup Heroku.
- New Wireless Option: An ambitious plan for a nationwide wireless broadband network gets a bit more real, with a $7 billion contract for Nokia to build it.
- Rob Preston: Despite chilling effect of Oracle lawsuit, Rimini, an alternative provider of software support services, posts gains and adds customers.
This digital issue is sponsored by: