This is the Aug. 20 digital issue of InformationWeek. Access is free, but you must be a registered member of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network to download the issue. Please register below. There's no cost, and it takes only a few minutes. Once done, click the "Go To Digital Issue" button at the bottom of the page. If you're already a member, just log in above.
In This Issue:
- The App Flap: Don't be distracted by native vs. browser or iPhone vs. Android. Our survey shows functionality matters most when developing mobile applications.
- Don't Trust Cloud Security: Verify that your cloud service provider's controls will actually protect your data.
- Starbucks' Innovation Infrastructure: To deliver real cost savings, it takes a culture and infrastructure built to demand new ideas.
- Wall Street In Denial: The financial market can no longer accept tech screwups, like the recent software bug at Knight Capital.
- Security Warnings: Attacks on Dropbox are why you must mind these security essentials.
- Tablet Makers Unveiled: Microsoft shows off vendors' plans to make tablets based on Windows RT.
This digital issue is sponsored by: