Data Analysis: Answer To Dropouts?Massive open online courses (MOOCs) provide immense amounts of data -- data that can be parsed, compared, merged, modeled and analyzed, with the goal of improving educational outcomes.
Proponents say these systems will be able to detect struggling students sooner than traditional means, and trigger a teacher intervention or even make an automatic change in a lesson plan.
One reason predictive and prescriptive analytics have become hot topics? Declining college graduation rates in the United States. Almost half of the students who begin college at a two- or four-year institution fail to earn a degree within six years.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn to Develop and Deploy Your Mobile Commerce Strategy - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Next Generation ESB: Why Integration is the Foundation for Better Business
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Agile for Safety Critical Systems: Project Management Practices
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
- Transitioning Business Continuity To The Cloud
- Ensuring Your Apps Work in the Real World