ALL global-cio Stories
Plenty of women hold leadership positions in higher education technology departments. So why is the percentage of females in the CIO seat declining?
Communication Workers Union says threat of mass walkouts forced O2 and outsourcer Capita to sign a better deal for call center staff.
IT will become more active in mobile development and management as the number of mobile device users doubles in the next five years, says...
Are we visually biased when dealing with LinkedIn invitations from strangers? I'm selective, but I had a recent reminder to watch for red flags.
Not only does CEO Meg Whitman seem to have a solid strategy, but there's plenty of evidence it's starting to work. Maybe it's time for skeptics...
How do Saul Alinsky's rules for activists apply to tech executives? Let us keep counting the ways.
Everyone likes to talk about changing the game, but how do you actually see and shift the field?
Watson's early, $5 billion bet on computers made IBM an institution and moved him out of the shadow of his iconic father.
The payoffs and opportunities are far from clear.
Recent research suggests that only 30% of workers are fully engaged in their job. We can't fix corporate dysfunction until we break down...
Forrester Research predicts IT will be embedded in various customer-facing teams.
Cost savings is only part of the picture behind the nonprofit's remote workforce strategy. Linux Foundation exec says the virtual office has made...
Take a look at the skills, experience and personality traits that make a successful cyber forensics expert.
NSA whistleblower Snowden likely enjoyed access to Prism program details as a contracted NSA IT administrator. Systems administrators remain an...
Sustainable innovation efforts call for integrating two competing ways of thinking about a business.
Whitehall unexpectedly puts £300m IT contract covering extensive user network on hold. Some speculators say it's because too few SMBs were in the...
AOL's CEO built a compelling case for the true Internet that followed.
Healthcare apps have potential, but they’re not living up to it yet, this tech chief says.
PRISM shows companies can't assume their data is safe in the hands of commercial providers.
Technology that bolsters the talent strategy gives IT leaders an essential role shaping the business environment.
To keep up with the fast pace of business, CIOs must shift their budget strategy to bolster employee productivity.
A division created specifically to marshal your mobile efforts can bring your company long-term rewards. Here's what it needs to succeed.
Any IT leader looking to re-energize or re-evaluate a team can adapt the plan CIO Denis Edwards used to start his new job.
Obama administration issues executive orders and proposes legislative changes designed to protect companies from abusive patent claims.
British state-owned rail infrastructure manager Network Rail aims to improve efficiency, cut costs by culling unwieldy list of 270 IT vendors to...
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Intelligent WAN: How to Keep Your Network from Becoming the New Weak Link
- Serving Two Masters: The Secret to Successful Identity and Access Management Deployment
- Cloud Perception vs. Reality - It's not TCO or TCA, it's the cost of information that really counts
- Making Information Matter in the New Data Center Economy
- Do BYOD the Right Way