An iPad In Every StateroomRoyal Caribbean Cruises has put iPads in all 100 suites of its Splendour of the Seas ship and lets passengers use them anywhere onboard.
The iPads come with customized applications that can be used to access the Internet, watch movies, view ship activity updates, create a daily schedule, sign up for shore excursions, monitor onboard charges, order room service, and view restaurant menus.
The device opens new revenue channels, giving guests more exposure and access to the ship's services. It also lets the cruise line more easily provide guests with customized offers. The ship has a dual-band wireless infrastructure that's both voice- and video-ready anywhere on the ship.
Royal Caribbean is working on a similar app that passengers will be able to use on their own devices. It's also planning more social interaction, such as helping guests with common interests connect. The cruise line plans to put iPads in all of Splendour of the Seas' staterooms and eventually deploy them on other ships.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Protecting Enterprise Data From Endpoint Threats
- Cloud Perception vs. Reality - It's not TCO or TCA, it's the cost of information that really counts
- Ovum Technology Analysis: Compelling Trends and Successful Strategies for Externalizing Your Enterprise Through APIs
- 5 Ways Decision Management Leads to Greater Customer Value
- BPM Bootcamp, Part 2: Creating a culture conducive to continuous process innovation
- HP BYOD in Education
- Bank Improves Crisis Management Communications with Help from BlackBerry
- The Impact Of Poor Web Site Performance In Financial Services
- Always Open: Why the Performance of Online Insurance Matters More Than Ever
- CA Interactive IT Executive Series: Application Lifecycle Management Part 2