Dunkin' Donuts Cracks Down On Employee TheftDunkin' Brands' Dunkin' Donuts chain has put the kibosh on employee theft by combining point-of-sale transactional data with its surveillance security system. Every time an employee touches the POS system, dynamic keystroke transactions are saved and transferred to the surveillance system. When certain transactions are performed, a video clip is generated on the right side of the surveillance system's screen, while the actual employee keystroke transaction is shown on the left side. This lets managers see what's happening at the counter or drivethru, and how the employee is operating the POS system. The system also lets managers review specific types of transactions, including voids, deletes, under-$1 total sales, and discounts, to see if product was given away for free or if money wasn't properly accounted for during the transaction. Dunkin' Donuts makes the technology available to franchisees, and restaurants that utilize the integrated technology have significantly reduced theft, recouping 2% to 6% of sales on average.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Intelligent WAN: How to Keep Your Network from Becoming the New Weak Link
- Serving Two Masters: The Secret to Successful Identity and Access Management Deployment
- Cloud Perception vs. Reality - It's not TCO or TCA, it's the cost of information that really counts
- Maximize your storage investment: Welcome to data's next stage of evolution...
- Do BYOD the Right Way
- HP BYOD in Education
- Bank Improves Crisis Management Communications with Help from BlackBerry
- The Impact Of Poor Web Site Performance In Financial Services
- Always Open: Why the Performance of Online Insurance Matters More Than Ever
- CA Interactive IT Executive Series: Application Lifecycle Management Part 1