Sparrow Health SystemIn the last two years, Sparrow's Care Transformation Initiative has converted 23 physician practice locations to its EHR system, implemented electronic charting in more than 600 departments, overhauled the healthcare system's Web presence, introduced internal and external cloud technology, and put in place a mature data analytics system.
This massive project consisted of 293 sub-projects, but at the center of the initiative were four core components.
-- iSparrow is a single EHR system used to schedule patients and handle billing, documenting, and coordinating care. It also includes a 'one-stop shop' where patients can get access to their medical record and their entire care team.
-- Sparrow's internal cloud houses the most commonly used clinical apps and collaboration tools. Clinicians gain secure access from any device and at any location.
-- iSparrow Charts is a full charting and workflow system that gives employees access to patient information and speeds physician case review.
-- An enterprise analytics engine pulls data from disparate clinical and financial systems to deliver up-to-the-hour information to administrative and patient care teams.
In practical terms, Sparrow Health System, located in the mid-Michigan region, has seen several tangible benefits from its Care Transformation Initiative: 5,000 users now have mobile access. Patient data extends beyond the walls of Sparrow and is shared among several hospitals participating in the Great Lakes Health Information Exchange. Within a few months, more than 11,000 patients were using the redesigned Web service to manage their care and communicate with clinicians.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Protecting Enterprise Data From Endpoint Threats
- Cloud Perception vs. Reality - It's not TCO or TCA, it's the cost of information that really counts
- Ovum Technology Analysis: Compelling Trends and Successful Strategies for Externalizing Your Enterprise Through APIs
- 5 Ways Decision Management Leads to Greater Customer Value
- BPM Bootcamp, Part 2: Creating a culture conducive to continuous process innovation
- HP BYOD in Education
- Bank Improves Crisis Management Communications with Help from BlackBerry
- The Impact Of Poor Web Site Performance In Financial Services
- Always Open: Why the Performance of Online Insurance Matters More Than Ever
- CA Interactive IT Executive Series: Application Lifecycle Management Part 2