Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care SystemIf doctors, researchers, and pharmaceutical companies have access to business intelligence capabilities, shouldn't patients, too?
Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, part of the Department of Veterans Affairs, has developed a decision-support tool that lets patients search clinical outcome information based on the experiences of other people with similar medical conditions who live in the same area.
The tool, called "outcomes-based prescribing," is based on model data from the Veterans Affairs electronic health records system. A crowdsourcing component lets patients get feedback on treatment outcomes from other patients.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- Effectively Controlling IT Change
- Accounting for Change: Finance Technology in the Insurance Industry
- The Impact Of Poor Web Site Performance In Financial Services
- Always Open: Why the Performance of Online Insurance Matters More Than Ever
- CA Interactive IT Executive Series: Application Lifecycle Management Part 2