Jet Propulsion LabEmbracing the new generation of mobile devices and applications is one of the biggest opportunities in government. NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab was one of the first organizations to come up with a modern mobile strategy that served two key constituencies: its employees and the public.
It started with the iPhone. JPL prototyped iPhones for internal use, tested them, and worked with Apple to meet its requirements. That work paved the way for internal adoption of iPads and Android devices.
As those devices proliferated, JPL's mobile app team established an internal app portal, while making other mobile apps available for public consumption in the iTunes store, Android Market, and Windows Azure Marketplace. JPL's Space Images app alone has been downloaded nearly 1 million times.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Effectively Controlling IT Change
- Accounting for Change: Finance Technology in the Insurance Industry
- The Impact Of Poor Web Site Performance In Financial Services
- Always Open: Why the Performance of Online Insurance Matters More Than Ever
- CA Interactive IT Executive Series: Application Lifecycle Management Part 2