More than 700 InformationWeek readers weigh in on how to keep the CIO role strong well into the future. Tomorrow's CIO will require technology savvy, business leadership and more -- listen and find out.
It's all about managing risk. That's the overall finding of our 2008 InformationWeek Strategic Security Study, which quizzed nearly 2,000 IT professionals about their plans and priorities for securing their companies' assets.
David Capeci, VP of Technology and Production Services for Harleysville Insurance, describes how the $1 billion company reduced dependents on a 30-year-old mainframe and redeployed many internal IT stafers to new initiatives by outsourcing the hosting, care, and feeding of that big iron.
Global CIO Links
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Intelligent WAN: How to Keep Your Network from Becoming the New Weak Link
- Ovum Technology Analysis: Compelling Trends and Successful Strategies for Externalizing Your Enterprise Through APIs
- The Truth About Agile Solution Delivery in Government: 10 Myths Debunked
- Why Smart Banks Are Shifting from Products to People
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue