This is the June 14 digital issue of InformationWeek. Access is free, but you must be a registered member of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.) Please register below, and click the "Go To Digital Issue" button at bottom of page. Or log in above if you're already a member.
In This Issue:
- State Of Servers: Server technology is at a crossroads, our exclusive research finds. Companies increasingly put a premium on features such as the ability to implement virtualization, manage systems, and reduce electricity use. Indeed, after acquisition costs, the ability to manage on-the-fly virtual processors is the single most important factor.
- Alexander Wolfe: Here's what matters most as processors rev into multicore overdrive.
- Bob Evans: Hewlett-Packard knows what has been missing from its product mix: Analytics.
- New Gear: Dell is out with one of its biggest server and storage product launches in years.
- Game Theory: Ingres is trying to apply the parallel processing power of today's x86 servers, much like games do, to database analysis.
- Web Printing: HP lays out its plan to keep printers humming in the age of smartphones and mobile media.
This digital issue is sponsored by: