This is the Aug. 23 digital issue of InformationWeek. Access is free, but you must be a registered member of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.) Please register below, and click the "Go To Digital Issue" button at bottom of page. Or log in above if you're already a member.
In This Special Issue On Virtualization:
- Beyond Consolidation: As our four case studies show, virtualization may come easily at first--but beware the pitfalls.
- Virtual Slowdown: Most companies have done the easy part of server virtualization. Now it's time for some careful planning.
- Intel Buys McAfee: Intel's $7.68 billion deal to acquire McAfee solidifies its strategy of baking security into silicon and staking a claim in the wireless market.
- Carlson Sues IBM: Hospitality giant has ended a multimillion-dollar outsourcing deal with IBM and sued the vendor for fraud and breach of contract.
- Bob Evans: Gov. Schwarzenegger just figured out that California's bureaucracy is strangling business.
- Art Wittmann: Ever wonder what it would be like to interview for the top job at HP?
- Rob Preston: Patent acquirer RPX takes on the trolls.
This digital issue is sponsored by: