= Member Content
ALL hardware Stories
Sweeping changes are in store for Apple's smartphone operating system.
Facebook asks European partners to stall planned launch of HTC First smartphone as it scurries to revamp Facebook Home.
Joyent expands instance types to match Amazon's in size and price, adds "reserved" instances to better compete.
Windows 8 has been a particularly big flop on the desktop. Can a mouse designed to make the OS friendlier help?
Defunct software company expands patent infringement suit to include Best Buy, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft and Samsung.
Wide variety of new hardware means HP is either adapting to consumer preferences -- or struggling to decide what will resonate.
Samsung's Galaxy S 4 is its fastest-shipping smartphone, the company says. HTC's One also moving briskly.
Hewlett-Packard's second quarter sees big sales declines, but profits exceed forecast and CEO Whitman says problems are under control.
Apple files new complaints against Samsung alleging that the company's Galaxy S4 smartphones violates its Siri patents.
Dell's new converged infrastructure and thin client products expand the company's enterprise portfolio -- but can they distract from buyout drama...
Troubled HTC hit with wave of staff departures, among other challenges.
UCL's new 100-PB, cloud-based storage facility will save money and help the school meet compliance goals.
VMware's Hybrid Cloud Service, detailed Tuesday, has important differences compared to Amazon Web Services. Customers will have to weigh the...
Here's why software-defined storage won't drive established storage companies out of business.
VMware says its hybrid cloud service will offer a "seamless extension" of customers' virtualized on-premises data centers. In a surprise, VMware...
Samsung has closed the gap with Apple in terms of American consumers' satisfaction level with their smartphones.
Microsoft users expect Windows 8.1 to lessen the learning curve for the new OS. But it may not be as bad as you fear, two education customers report.
Terremark CTO John Considine says VMware "is a great partner of ours." But Terremark built its own cloud provisioning software to run its operation.
Dell has struggled to adapt as PCs have lost ground to tablets. Is Ophelia, a pocket-sized computing device coming this summer, a step in the...
Sony's new premium Android tablet has a lot going for it. Will it be enough to get Sony back in the tablet game?
Apple devices running iOS 6 join BlackBerrys and Samsung Galaxy devices as approved by DOD for use by military and government workers.
Group of former Nokia employees have developed a new smartphone that will run Android apps.
Driverless cars are closer to reality than you think. Here are some impacts they might have on the insurance industry.
VMware doesn't like the degree to which customers and partners have been implementing cloud using its products, and it's taking matters into its...
In two weeks, I learned plenty about the pros and cons of Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch, a high-end Windows 8 ultrabook.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Software-Defined Storage: The Power of Family Values
- Wiring Closets and Server Rooms: Critical Part of your Business
- When Datacenters Can’t Be Remote: Surviving the Urban Datacenter
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- ESG - Avoiding the Hazards of IT Consolidation
- Delivering an Integrated Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Don't Get Stuck on your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- Beyond Cost Savings: Four Compelling Reasons to Expand Virtualization of Your IT Environment