= Member Content
ALL hardware Stories
Microsoft users expect Windows 8.1 to lessen the learning curve for the new OS. But it may not be as bad as you fear, two education customers report.
Terremark CTO John Considine says VMware "is a great partner of ours." But Terremark built its own cloud provisioning software to run its operation.
Dell has struggled to adapt as PCs have lost ground to tablets. Is Ophelia, a pocket-sized computing device coming this summer, a step in the...
Sony's new premium Android tablet has a lot going for it. Will it be enough to get Sony back in the tablet game?
Apple devices running iOS 6 join BlackBerrys and Samsung Galaxy devices as approved by DOD for use by military and government workers.
Group of former Nokia employees have developed a new smartphone that will run Android apps.
Driverless cars are closer to reality than you think. Here are some impacts they might have on the insurance industry.
VMware doesn't like the degree to which customers and partners have been implementing cloud using its products, and it's taking matters into its...
In two weeks, I learned plenty about the pros and cons of Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch, a high-end Windows 8 ultrabook.
Thanks to new apps and smaller, cheap devices, Windows 8 is primed for a rebound -- if Windows 8.1 delivers.
Google will begin selling a stock-Android variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 in June. It is worth the hefty $649 price tag?
Members of Congress want answers about the device and its privacy implications.
Schools CTO who picked iPad in his last job says things have changed.
NASA, Google and university researchers get access to new quantum computer, as NASA tackles complex problems ranging from air traffic to robotics.
Dell's enterprise business showed growth this quarter, but not enough to overcome a steep decline in PC margins.
GAO recommends stepped up oversight and an extended deadline to meet OMB's objectives.
European hardware maker unveils two new devices to support companies' need for powerful, multimedia-capable terminals.
Windows 8 will do better with consumers than IT departments, says Forrester report.
Michael Dell and his plan to take the company private may benefit if quarterly earnings miss Wall Street's expectations.
Android and iOS are in no danger of losing their incredible lead over the competition, but Microsoft's smartphone platform has made a significant...
Data centers have new storage options, but "new" isn't always "better."
Only 10% of Americans would wear Google Glass regularly, according to a recent survey.
People laughed at BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins' prediction that the tablet will soon be obsolete. But BlackBerry may get the last laugh.
VMware's BYOD ambitions kick into gear through its partnership with Verizon. But is the virtualization heavyweight making its mobile management...
Samsung's latest flagship smartphone is off to a roaring start, says the company.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Wiring Closets and Server Rooms: Critical Part of your Business
- Cutting Waste in the Datacenter
- BYOD: Enabling productivity without sacrificing IT control
- Servers That Maximize Flexibility, Leverage The Cloud
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Delivering an Integrated Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Don't Get Stuck on your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- Beyond Cost Savings: Four Compelling Reasons to Expand Virtualization of Your IT Environment
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk