ALL hardware Stories
Look for an improved Nexus 7 tablet, Android 4.3, a new language for App Engine and other product introductions at Google's upcoming developers'...
The week of May 13, major players are holding events that could shake up the mobile landscape. Here's a sneak peak.
Microsoft has reportedly made a $1 billion offer to buy Nook, Barnes & Noble's e-reader business. What could it gain from the deal?
In Cisco study of IT leaders, just 36% of respondents call themselves "innovators," while 15% characterized themselves as "firefighters." "Ghost"...
Initial sales data says Samsung's flagship smartphone has taken an early lead over HTC's.
Find out why one CIO not only switched, but says Microsoft will give Apple a run for its money in the enterprise tablet market.
Nokia's new phone, $99 without contracts or subsidies, will compete with low-cost Android devices in emerging markets.
Monitoring service uses an analytics engine to detect changes in application performance. It tracks apps inside the data center and those using...
At Interop Las Vegas 2013, University of New Hampshire CIO Joanna Young and Seton Hill University's Phil Komarny discuss blossoming wireless...
Government's £21 million low-carbon energy innovation fund could produce power saving technologies for the data center.
Nokia's upcoming Windows Phone could be CEO Stephen Elop's last chance to soothe dissatisfied investors.
JunosV's open controller offers multi-tenancy, cloud federation and network automation for software-defined networks, says Juniper.
As VMware prepares for the public cloud market, compatible suppliers like Bluelock add services.
Interop Las Vegas 2013 contest names Arista, ExtraHop, Talari Networks and Citrix among winners in eight categories, including networking, cloud,...
Samsung eats into Apple's profits in Q1, but the two smartphone giants' closest competitor took only 1% of the sector's profits.
As the leader of both IT and operations, John Hinshaw is uniquely positioned to get HP back on track.
Bain Capital and three others will buy management tool vendor BMC, in a move that parallels Dell's effort to go private. Look for focus on cloud...
Dell buys Enstratius to gain ability to deploy workloads to 23 major and secondary cloud service suppliers.
EMC's ViPR, a new software-defined storage platform, is a big bet on virtualized storage services. ViPR borrows from the SDN playbook with a...
Nine in 10 elementary, middle and high school students believe mobile devices will change the way kids learn, Pearson survey finds.
iPad users can't get anything done, says Gates. The solution? Microsoft's Surface tablet, of course.
Touch-based devices will become the dominant form of mobile computing this year, says NPD DisplaySearch.
Facebook's hardware design chief previews his Interop keynote by explaining why he decided to open source the company's data center designs.
PCs aren't dead, but laptops and desktops have seen their best days.
From video conferencing knockouts to data protection tools, intriguing new products are on tap at Interop Las Vegas 2013. Take a closer look.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Wiring Closets and Server Rooms: Critical Part of your Business
- Data Replication Best Practices in Mission Critical Environments
- Which data compression technology should you choose? An Edison perspective
- Optimizing Government Data Centers To Do More—More Efficiently
This Week's Issue
Current Healthcare Issue
Current Education Issue
- Delivering an Integrated Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Don't Get Stuck on your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- Beyond Cost Savings: Four Compelling Reasons to Expand Virtualization of Your IT Environment
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk