Siri Vs. S VoiceThe new iPhone will have Siri, Apple's "beta" voice-activated assistant that so far has gotten less-than-enthusiastic reviews from both consumers and tech professionals, although Siri's reportedly great at helping Samuel L. Jackson find organic mushrooms.
Apple's upcoming iOS 6 promises a number of Siri improvements. For instance, you'll be able to ask Siri to post Facebook and Twitter updates, launch apps, get sports scores and stats, and find movie show times and trivia. These features won't be unique to the next-gen iPhone--the 4S and new iPad will have them too--but they could play a major role in the phone's marketing campaign. The Galaxy S III has S Voice, a Siri-like competitor that also performs similar tasks in less-than-perfect fashion. Bottom line: When it comes to voice-recognition apps, there's plenty of room for improvement.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Blade Server Strategies: Optimizing the Data Center
- Delivering an Integrated Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk