All the Battery Life You Need -- With a CatchTo many road warriors, few things are as aggravating as a dead phone or tablet battery. Lilliputian Systems hopes its Nectar Mobile Power System will alleviate this frustration. Compact enough to fit easily in a user's hand, the device has enough power to keep any gadget that complies with the USB 2.0 standard juiced for up to two weeks. That means smartphones, tablets, eReaders, Bluetooth headsets -- you name it. Charging is facilitated via a Nectar Pod that fits into the larger unit; when one Pod has been exhausted, users can simply dispose of it and pop in a fresh cartridge.
The cost of entry and ongoing maintenance might dissuade some users; the device, which will be available exclusively through Brookstone's stores and website, will retail for $299.99 and includes one Nectar Pod. Additional cartridges will be available for $9.99 each. Despite the price, the device might appeal to on-the-go power users, as it's already been approved for airplane use by both the United Nations International Aviation Organization and U.S. Department of Transportation. Plus, those who order early through the Brookstone website can procure an extra Pod at no cost. Nectar is slated to start shipping this summer.
"Want more? Watch as EE Times reporter Sylvie Barak takes you on a quick video tour of some of the CES Unveiled gadgets. See the embedded video below: "
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Blade Server Strategies: Optimizing the Data Center
- Delivering an Integrated Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk