Acer LiquidAcer took the wraps off its first two MWC smartphones a few days early. The Liquid E1 and Liquid Z2 run Android and target the entry-level and mid-range smartphone shopper rather than the high-end flagship seeker. The E1, for example, has a single-core 1-GHz processor paired with a 4.5-inch qHD display. It will be available in both single- and dual-SIM configurations and comes with stereo speakers and a 5-megapixel camera. The Z2 is an entry-level phone with a dual-core 1-GHz processor and a 3.5-inch HVGA display. As with the E1, the Z2 will be available with two SIM tray options. It comes with a 3-megapixel camera. The Liquid E1 will cost between €199 and €229 ($262 - $302), while the Z2 will cost between €99 and €129 ($131 - $170). These devices are slated for European markets in the coming month.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Increasing Speed and Agility in Testing Complex Financial Services Applications
- SSDs and New Storage Options in the Data Center
- Comparing Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server for UNIX Migration
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Blade Server Strategies: Optimizing the Data Center
- ESG - Avoiding the Hazards of IT Consolidation
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk