Samsung Galaxy 10.1This Android tablet came closest to challenging the iPad's hegemony in 2011. The Galaxy Tab is not only as thin and light as its rival, despite having a slightly larger, higher-resolution screen, it essentially matches or exceeds Apple spec-for-spec, down to the price tag. One key advantage: availability of 4G LTE wireless. At press time we had no word on Ice Cream Sandwich availability for the Galaxy Tab, but hackers have already ported it to rooted devices.
Biggest pro for enterprises: Broadest carrier support (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) for 4G cellular data.
Biggest con for enterprises: No commitment to upgrade to Android 4.0. Could be due for an upgrade soon.
Notable differences from rivals: Thinner (slightly) and lighter than iPad 2. Least expensive 4G device.
Pricing: Wi-Fi, 16/32/64 GB -- $499/$599/–. Wi-Fi + cellular, 16/32/64 GB -- $529.99/$629.99/–.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Increasing Speed and Agility in Testing Complex Financial Services Applications
- SSDs and New Storage Options in the Data Center
- Comparing Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server for UNIX Migration
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Blade Server Strategies: Optimizing the Data Center
- ESG - Avoiding the Hazards of IT Consolidation
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with Virtualization
- Data center consolidation restructures your IT costs for continued growth: New discovery tools determine logical and physical move dependencies to help limit risk