SGI Altix UV 1000 ServerSGI has introduced an Altix UV 1000 server that the company says runs Microsoft's Windows Server 2008 R2 on a maximum of 256 processor cores and 2 terabytes of memory, making it possible to use the software for more demanding workloads. The new server is based on Intel Xeon processors and is Microsoft-certified for Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server database, with data warehousing and data mining tools built with Business Intelligence Development Studio. The latter is Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 with additional project types specific to SQL Server business intelligence.
SGI Introduces 256-Core Windows Server
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World