healthcare: Administration Systems
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center CIO Dan Drawbaugh shares his thoughts about what the next health IT opportunities will be.
Anyone who deploys tech "solutions" without reconsidering workflows and policies -- and doing other heavy lifting -- is in for a rude awakening.
Unlike the disappointing tech startups of the late 1990s, healthcare IT will continue to grow because it addresses problems the medical industry...
CIOs and CMIOs can expect many more sleepless nights now that the Supreme Court has upheld the Affordable Care Act.
Although mandated to communicate better with patients, some healthcare providers also are looking for tech tools that get info to staff faster.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health uses Microsoft's customer relationship management platform to rapidly develop niche health-related...
As your IT team makes the transition to the ICD-10 medical coding system, doctors will insist that the older system worked just fine. Here's your...
Given a one-year extension for ICD-10 compliance, healthcare groups must make the most of the preparation time.
Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of healthcare reform legislation could influence the direction of health IT.
Among the hundreds of health IT presentations, demos, and vendor offerings at HIMSS12 next week, don't miss these highlights.
Participation in new accountable care organizations isn't for the faint of heart. But healthcare providers that have their IT acts together have a...
Why spend all that money on an office-based electronic health record system and not take full advantage of its features?
Failure to meet upcoming deadlines could mean major disruptions in claims payments for healthcare organizations.
Meet Rhode Island Quality Institute's CIO and see why Medicare thinks other states could learn from his big ideas.
Breaking into health IT isn't easy. Going back to school for more training is a good place to start.
An in-depth analysis and exhaustive checklist from Huntington Memorial Hospital's Rebecca Armato.
Insurers and healthcare providers are increasingly using Web portals to comply with meaningful use, give patients ready access to medical data and...
The Meaningful Use program has forgotten how much must go into system selection and implementation; selecting the right system is the foundation...
The hope is that the platforms healthcare providers are being dragged into deploying today will serve as the foundation for future innovation.
Healthcare has been slower than most industries to embrace cloud computing, but that's starting to change.
Whether you're buying an electronic health record system or making repairs to your home, you usually get what you pay for.
By developing registries and tapping e-medical record data, Kaiser Permanente is improving outcomes for hip and knee implant patients.
Collaboration, communication, and clarity are key to getting companies and sales reps to meet your hospital's IT needs.
Business process management and analytics tools are expected to double number of transplants and halve wait time.
Virgin HealthMiles' web-based health incentive platform is helping some employers get workers moving.
Healthcare Newsletter Sign Up
The latest news, analysis, research, and insight on the IT strategies and initiatives of hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices, and other medical facilities every Wednesday.Sign Up
May 14, 2013
As value-based payments take hold, insurers aim to access EHR clinical data and move to automated, real-time information exchange.
May 09, 2013
Former national health IT coordinator moves to the vendor side, aims to use high-speed mobile data infrastructure to give patients more care options.
May 07, 2013
Kentucky health system beta-tests Elsevier authoring tool as it streamlines a decade of CPOE history.
May 07, 2013
Analytics company teams with Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to give developers access...
April 22, 2013
Health IT vendor Lumeris develops "Nine C's" framework to help primary care physicians achieve healthcare reform goals.
April 10, 2013
SharedClarity, a new company formed by insurer UnitedHealthcare and three big providers, will negotiate with device makers based on performance...
April 05, 2013
Healthcare workers providing in-home care use digital pens to send patient information to and from hospital records systems.
April 04, 2013
State's dominant insurer seeks clinical and administrative data for care management and reporting to state health insurance exchange.
April 04, 2013
New digitizing service threatens to send the Lloyd George envelope, a century-old record-keeping medium used by British family doctors, to that...
April 03, 2013
Veterans in study said the ability to view notes, lab results and other documents helped them communicate better with their doctors and led to...
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Automating Hospital Workflows That Maximize Efficiency And Patient Satisfaction
- From Evidence to Insight: Achieving outcomes that matter
- Redefining Value and Success in Healthcare: Charting the Path to the Future
- Leading the Healthcare Transformation with Smarter Analytics
- Health Insurance Billing Strategies: Preparing for an Uncertain Future
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- The Value of Analytics in Healthcare
- Redefining Value in Healthcare: Innovation to expand access, improve quality and reduce costs of care
- Enabling Healthcare Transformation with Social Business
- The Case for Smarter Healthcare
- Turning Strategy and Innovation into Success - Driving revenue and profit growth for healthcare product portfolios