McKesson Horizon Meds ManagerHorizon Meds Manager is a comprehensive pharmacy information system that can improve pharmacy performance, provider workflow, and patient safety. It's an integral component of McKesson Medication Safety Advantage, offering integration with CPOE so the pharmacy can electronically receive, verify, and send medication orders, eliminating manual transcription and preventing medication errors.
According to McKesson, the system captures medication use across care settings and disciplines. It links all patient encounters in a real-time electronic chart.
Additional benefits include:
--Quick order entry and dispensing with universal protocols for medications, IVs, IV Piggy-back (IVPB) and total parenteral nutrition (TPN), and the seamless entry of multiple order types on a given patient
--Reduction of medication errors through integration with First DataBank's knowledge bases for compliance monitoring, drug dose checking, patient consultations, allergy screening, drug interaction screening, therapeutic duplication, and drug-disease interactions
--Better efficiency for pharmacists by freeing them from clerical tasks for more active participation in rounding and clinical tasks
--Reduced costs through features such as automatic therapeutic interchange, which automates the substitution of preferred formulary items based on dose, frequency, and route conversions.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- From Evidence to Insight: Achieving outcomes that matter
- Leading the Healthcare Transformation with Smarter Analytics
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Strategies for Managing Distributed IT Environments