Products: AthenaClinicals ambulatory EHR, AthenaCollector medical billing and practice management service, AthenaCoordinator care coordination service.
Why You Should Watch: Plenty of EHR vendors have "guaranteed" that their customers will meet federal Meaningful Use requirements if they use the products as specified, but Athenahealth is about to break new ground. In November, the Watertown, Mass.-based company started talking about a malpractice guarantee of sorts.
In 2012, Athenahealth will have a plan to pay the malpractice insurance premiums of certain customers that subscribe to a trio of Athenahealth products: AthenaClinicals EHR, AthenaCollector medical billing and practice management, and AthenaCoordinator, a care coordination service formerly known as Proxsys.
- 17 Leading EHR Vendors
- EHR Market To Reach $6.5 Billion By 2012
- NIST: Make EHRs More User-Friendly
- GE Admits Inaccuracies With EHR Reporting
- EHR Vendors Endorse Medical Error Reporting System
- Federal Incentives Major Reason To Buy EHRs: Survey