HumedicaHumedica offers a cloud-based population-wide analytics system. It connects patient information across varied medical settings -- ambulatory and inpatient -- and time periods to generate a longitudinal view of patient care. The company has data on close to 25 million patients in more than 30 states, which allows individual clients to compare their performance against a very large population.
The company's service integrates, normalizes and validates clinical data from across the continuum of care to include not only medications, lab results, vital signs, demographics, hospitalizations and outpatient visits, but also physician notes and lab results, taking advantage of both structured and unstructured data. Its client base draws from four categories: integrated delivery networks (IDN), large academic medical centers, multi-hospital health systems and large multi-practice medical groups.
A case in point: Mid Hudson Medical Group's patient-centered medical home has been using Humedica's MinedShare analytics service to measure its patient population and compare its services against industry best practices.
For instance, the 125-physician practice was able to extract data on its diabetic patients to determine which patients had a HgA1c reading above 7% on their last visit -- an indication of less-than-optimal blood glucose control -- and who had not been seen by a physician in 12 months. With that ammunition in hand, the medical home reached out to these at-risk patients and were able to see about one-third of them at least once within the first eight months of the program. In this group, one-third achieved an HgA1c under 8% and 60% of those with an HgA1c over 9% are being intensively managed through frequent visits with their primary care physician.
As further evidence that Mid Hudson is seeing a return on its investment in the clinical metrics provided by Humedica MinedShare, the provider has now achieved level 3 recognition by the National Committee on Quality (NCQA).
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Automating Hospital Workflows That Maximize Efficiency And Patient Satisfaction
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Will Your State Deliver a Modernized Medicaid Program by 2014?
- Strategies for Managing Distributed IT Environments
- Learn how Kettering Health Network maximized clinician patient time by virtualizing clinician access to data