DrchronoFounded in 2009, Drchrono's EHR platform is Web-based and supported on the iPad and iPhone. "Doctors want to be able to have instant drug interaction checks, electronic ordering and seamless documentation and billing that is all easy to learn and use," said CEO and co-founder Michael Nusimow. "We didn't take an existing PC or Web-based solution and shoehorn it onto a mobile device. We built our EHR from day one on the iPad and took advantage of the tablet display, camera, video recording, speech-to-text and touch interface.
"We have always focused on the iPad as the main EHR interface because it is possible to be used to read a lot of data and also produce and enter in data via the touchscreen interface and using our speech-to-text product," Nusimow said.
iPhone and Android smartphones, he said, have always been used primarily to read data and, to a lesser extent, to input small or emergency notes and orders. "The new iPad Mini is a real game changer; it merges the best of both worlds and can be used just like a regular iPad at a fraction of the cost and size. I predict the iPad Mini will be the dominant device in healthcare within the next two years," Nusimow said.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Automating Hospital Workflows That Maximize Efficiency And Patient Satisfaction
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Redefining Value and Success in Healthcare: Charting the Path to the Future
- Forrester Total Economic Impact study of Midrange Storage