Colorado Regional Health Information Organization (CORHIO)CORHIO is the nonprofit, state-designated entity for health information exchange in Colorado. This HIE focuses on improving provider productivity through the exchange of clinical information through connected EHRs. CORHIO also offers HIE services to paper-based provider offices through Web-based programs. Using CORHIO's secure, Web-based "community health record" application on a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer, an authorized clinician or caregiver can search for a patient and access a longitudinal view of that patient's medical history.
The exchange aggregates patient information in the community health record from all of the HIE's participating providers. That's especially helpful in emergency situations, or when providers see a new patient for the first time. The image above shows the search box on the left side, along with some sample search results on the right. Patient information is neatly organized by tabs at the top of the page, including patient demographics, fact sheets, reports, and tests.
CORHIO has received two grants focused on building capacity for statewide health information exchange and launching HIE by community. Those include a grant from the Colorado Health Foundation and nearly $10.9 million in HITECH funding. CORHIO used these funds to alleviate a portion of its one-time set-up cost, as well as the cost of linking CORHIO to Quality Health Network (QHN), a fully functioning regional HIE in the Western Slope of Colorado. However, CORHIO says its long-term sustainability will depend on a fee-based subscription model.
Grow Your Own Health Information Exchange
Private Health Information Exchanges Take Over
Direct Project Rapidly Advancing Health IT Interoperability
Cloud-Based EHRs, Telemed Come To Rural Colorado
3 Traits Shared By Successful HIEs
New York Moves To Protect Health Data Privacy
Covisint Cloud Hosting Michigan HIE
$564 Million Later, Little Health Information Exchange Happening
Doctors, Patients Can Spur HIE Progress, Feds Say
How To Achieve Better Patient Engagement
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- From Evidence to Insight: Achieving outcomes that matter
- Will Your State Deliver a Modernized Medicaid Program by 2014?
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Strategies for Managing Distributed IT Environments
- Health Insurance Billing Strategies: Preparing for an Uncertain Future