Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information ManagementAmerican Health Information Management Association's (AHIMA) Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management oversees eight distinct certification programs, including one for the new Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) credential. This program is intended to help healthcare organizations achieve the goals of Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor audits, the Meaningful Use EHR incentive program, and other healthcare quality-improvement initiatives.
Other AHIMA professional certifications include:
-- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) for executive-level health information specialists.
-- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), suitable for all levels of healthcare organizations.
-- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) for coding professionals. Another credential, Certified Coding Specialist--Physician-based (CCS-P), recognizes those proficient in outpatient clinics, group practices, and other physician-centric settings.
-- Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA), which signifies expertise and experience in data analysis.
-- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), recognizing competence in designing, implementing, and administering privacy and security programs.
All except RHIT, CCS, and CCS-P require at least an associate's degree and relevant professional experience.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Will Your State Deliver a Modernized Medicaid Program by 2014?
- Leading the Healthcare Transformation with Smarter Analytics
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Forrester Total Economic Impact study of Midrange Storage
- The Value of Analytics in Healthcare
- Redefining Value in Healthcare: Innovation to expand access, improve quality and reduce costs of care
- Enabling Healthcare Transformation with Social Business
- The Case for Smarter Healthcare
- Fade or flourish? Rethinking the role of life sciences companies in the healthcare ecosystem