PlusPlus, an ACO partnership between North Texas Specialty Physicians (NTSP) and Texas Health Resources (THR), uses a formula that relies heavily on information technology, according to Natalie Wilkins, director of operations of the Pioneer ACO. Plus serves approximately 19,000 patients in North Central Texas.
Fourteen Texas Health Resources (THR) facilities are participating in the program.
Formed in 1997, THR is one of the largest faith-based nonprofit healthcare delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas. The system's primary service area consists of 16 counties in north central Texas, home to more than 6.2 million people.
SandlotConnect, the largest Health Information Exchange (HIE) in Texas, supports the ACO by allowing physicians, hospitals, and certain community providers to access the HIE's real-time patient information.
As a result, Plus-participating physicians can see more complete medical histories, giving them the tools they need to identify health risks, reduce unnecessary testing, review recent lab results, and improve medication reconciliation.
Another unique feature of the Plus ACO: All of the EHRs in use across the communities can connect to SandlotConnect, which pulls data from these EHRs and feeds it to the physicians and other providers that need it. Connecting these EHRs to a centralized information hub that can process the data and disseminate it to where it's needed is essential, according to Wilkins. "It's great to have a car, but if you don't have roads that make connections to your destinations, it doesn't solve your transportation problem," she said.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobility Management Ailments: A Healthcare IT Cure Lessons from HiMSS13
- Leading the Healthcare Transformation with Smarter Analytics
- How Healthcare Payers are using Customer Communications to Improve Productivity and Effectiveness
- Forrester Total Economic Impact study of Midrange Storage
- Learn how Kettering Health Network maximized clinician patient time by virtualizing clinician access to data