Lately Iâve been hearing some rumblings during my various discussions around cloud computing. Some in the industry have been quietly saying the end is near for the much over hyped term. I wouldnât go as far as to say the cloud is dead just yet, but there is a growing sense that interest in cloud computing, at least from the point of view of a buzz word, has peaked.
Cloud computing offers more than cost savings; used correctly, it can help open up new opportunities and better utilization of existing IT infrastructure and data, say industry watchers.
SINGAPORE--The current cloud computing focus is largely on how companies can move to the cloud, however industry executives urged enterprise customers to look beyond this stage to seeing how cloud services can help grow their business.
Simon Choy, chief strategist at IBM Asean, said that the industry focus thus far has solely been about optimization, which include consolidation, virtualization, cost savings, and returns on investment
Summary: Silos are springing up everywhere again. SOA has matured to the point where it provides a shovel-ready implementation blueprint for cloud computing projects.
In a new research note, Ovum’s Saurabh Sharma makes the case for making sure there is service orientation behind the cloud.
As he explains it: “It is true that cloud computing can be pursued without SOA, but it is also true that these attempts often fail to deliver the real business value of cloud computing.” Service oriented architecture is a way of designing,
Research from analyst firm IDC indicates that spending on public and private cloud will create nearly 14 million jobs worldwide, over 200,000 of which within the UK. This research illustrates a global extension of a similar report that the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) published in 2010. This study predicted the generation of 289,000 jobs within the UK by 2015. IDC’s research further predicts revenues of $1.1 trillion a year as a direct result of cloud innovations.
According to IDC an approximately equal number of jobs will accrue to large and small business, even though small businesses make up the majority
While Enterprises are moving from data center to the private clouds, the key differentiator is automation of the whole fabric and service management. Microsoft® System Center 2012 cloud and datacenter management solutions brings together various pieces to help deploy and manage the private and public cloud applications and infrastructure. It delivers flexible and cost effective solution with all of the cloud principles and techniques embedded, manages multi-hypervisor environment and ensures dynamic optimization of resources and provides load balancing and high availability solutions, to ensureapplication availability and acceleration.
Featured speakers from companies such as Fidelity, Ancestry.com, HP Cloud, Rackspace and more will present the future of cloud infrastructure automation.
At #ChefCon 2012, you’ll discover the latest trends in IT infrastructure management, DevOps and cloud configuration and get to know the people
news A research study partially funded by major offshore cloud computing vendors Salesforce.com, Microsoft, and Google has found that one of the major barriers stopping Australian organisations from migrating to cloud computing platforms is the lack of cloud infrastructure based in Australia, with legislation such as the US Patriot Act cited as key concerns with offshore hosting.
The study, entitled Modelling the Economic Impact of Cloud Computing, was launched by consulting firm KPMG in Sydney this morning, at a launch attended by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and other senior figures in Australia’
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook