Two years ago, I blogged about ChessJam, a chess application that I helped develop where people from all over the world play live chess with each other. Since launching ChessJam, it’s been up and running 24/7 with very little downtime and has experienced some good growth.
Not bad for no marketing budget I think. It’s not a huge amount of activity compared to a lot of applications, but the performance demands are very high. Serious chess players don’
“If you are a new Amazon RDS customer, you can get started with Amazon RDS for SQL Server with aÂ Free Usage Tier, which includes 750 hours per month of Amazon
AWS Storage Gateway APIs
Up until now, the AWS Storage Gateway was configurable through the AWS Management Console. You can now configure and manage your gateways programmatically, using the Storage Gateway APIs or the AWS SDKs for
ATLANTA, GA, May 17, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Sage North America today announced the debut of Sage One U.S., a web-based all-in-one application developed to address the unique business tracking and management needs of entrepreneurs and start-ups in the United States. Sage One U.S. was designed with a simple goal in mind: helping owners of aspiring businesses spend more time on innovation rather than administration.
Today's generation of emerging entrepreneurs are fully engaged with easy-to-use technology in nearly every aspect of their personal lives, but achieving similar efficiency with business applications can be challenging.
Security has been one of the top challenges in every survey on cloud computing in the last five years. Yet public cloud providers have continued to beef up their security offerings, and not everyone realizes how far providers have come in providing tools that enable customers to follow security best practices. This week AWS took a giant step forward to address a major cloud security challenge with the release of CloudHSM, a cloud-based hardware security module. This game-changing appliance empowers public cloud users to easily implement a level of cryptographic security formerly available only to those using private clouds or hosted environments.
Amazon CloudSearch users can now use field weighting and query time rank expressions to fine-tune their search results. Field weighting prioritizes results from certain fields to improve document ranking. For example, if you are selling books on your site, you could have matches to the title field score higher than matches in other fields. That way, searches for “Harry Potter” will rank the Harry Potter books higher than a book that happens to have a reference to “Harry Potter” in the description. Query time rank expressions enable you to personalize search results by customizing ranking for each search request. As an example you could rank
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue