On the other hand, even if the elaborate value-chains that created the 100yr companies of the past probably can't be repeated, it highlights that having breadth of platform does provide you with a much better opportunity for success in the current (or next) 10yr cycle. Changing technology is the easy part. Having to also change people/perception and process makes a much larger impact on either consumer or business decisions.
Subscribe the romantic novels of Silicon Valley if you wish, they make for fine tales of napkins-to-NetJets stories. But more importantly, align your strategic technology clocks to those 10yr time cycles. They'
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay