Scott Thompson's resume "error" is raising questions about how thoroughly Yahoo vetted him for the CEO job.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Shock over the news that Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson padded his resume with an embellished college degree quickly gave way to two questions: How the hell did this happen? And what should Yahoo, which went through three CEOs in three years, do about it?
"Thompson has quickly lost the confidence of many employees, who think he has to go," one senior Yahoo executive told CNN. "A lot of people are saying, 'How can Yahoo let this happen?'"
The scandal ignited late last week when activist shareholder
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue