Jon Lustig (@jonlustig)
- Twitter Bio:
- Number muncher, CrossFitter, gadget prodder, axe swinger, ivory tickler, poker player, futbol hater, picker, grinner, lover, sinner. Chasing deals and dreams.
- The other T.O.
There was an awkward moment of tension at the Milken Global Conference in Los Angeles, when a buysider on one panel asked a Wall Street banker whether he had pocketed taxpayers’ bailout cash.
The tit-for-tat began when several panelists at the “Outlook for M&A” session began griping about the U.S. government’s tax policy, which they said dissuades corporations from bringing overseas profits back home because of punitive taxes.
The panelists – including James Casey, co-head of global debt capital markets for JP Morgan, Anthony Armstrong, an investment banker at Credit Suisse, and Raymond McGuire, global head of corporate
Former MF Global Chairman and CEO Jon Corzine prepares to testify before the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee about the demise and bankruptcy of the company Dec. 13, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
Kai Ryssdal: The roster of companies made famous -- or infamous, I guess -- in the financial crisis is pretty well established: Bear Stearns; Lehman Brothers; AIG. Big names that collapsed in the heat of the moment.
Then along came a company called MF Global. It used to be a sleepy brokerage firm. It dealt mostly with things like corn futures and pork bellies. Until Jon Corzine took over
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue