In our social entrepreneurship series, The World at Work, Mashable interviews the faces behind the startups and projects that are working to make a global impact.
By harnessing the power of the web and digital technology, these organizations help children with autism communicate, match volunteers to their perfect charity and fund classrooms all over the country. While the companies are diverse, they are all on a mission to change our lives for the better and improve society.
Here’s a roundup of featured projects from the last week, including exclusive video interviews
Long story short: After this week’s switchover to a new protocol called IPv6, there are a whole lot of IP addresses on the Internet.
We knew the switch from IPv4 to IPv6 would make a bunch of new
Infographics break down data visually, helping viewers make sense of complex information. Their popularity has increased with the rise of social media, fuelling the need for instant results by providing content in bite-size, digestible chunks.Created by Nowsourcing, a social-media marketing company, it shows that infographic posts dwarf traditional posts when it comes to sharing on social networks. The most popular topics for infographics include: business, technology, social media, the economy and health. For more on the most viewed, liked and commented-on infographics in recent history, among other trends, check out the entire post, below:
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook