Yesterday I joined 200 other DoD and Industry big data experts in Charleston, South Carolina at the AFCEA Big Data in the Maritime Battlespace Symposium as we wrestled with how to manage big data in a maritime battlespace environment. As hard as that is with plenty of bandwidth, storage and computing power, the problem becomes infinitely more difficult in the disconnected, intermittent, low bandwidth world of ships at sea. This AFCEA Low Country chapter event was aimed at connecting the government and industry strategists and technicians so they could tackle some of these issues.One of the more interesting discussions revolved around the idea
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Next Generation ESB: Why Integration is the Foundation for Better Business
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue