Tinu Abayomi-Paul (@Tinu)
- Twitter Bio:
- Varsity sleeper/insomniac. #wgbiz Editor. Pro paintball tagging morons. Also: Web visibility. & You can't knock my hustle. More me: http://t.co/AEsZpuqM
Former Google executive Marissa Mayer started her new gig as Chief Executive Officer at Yahoo yesterday, a highly publicized move that Yahoo hopes will reverse its ailing fortunes. Yahoo has long been struggling with internal turmoil as it attempted – and failed – to compete with its rival: Google. Hiring Ms. Mayer, the 20th employee at Google and involved in everything from Gmail to Google Maps, seems like a smart move but it might not make much difference to the future of the company, according to research analysts studying the firm.
“In the short term, just how much cash Yahoo gets from the sale of its Asian assets — including
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue