The social network, assessing the 16-day event, found that Bolt’s 200m and 100m races prompted the most chatter during the Games. The former netted more than 80,000 tweets per minute while the former generated more than 74,000 TPMs as they’re known in Twitter’s headquarters.
Other non-medal-winning events that generated a lot of discussion included Hope Solo’s diving catch in the U.S.-Japan women’s soccer final and Kobe Bryant’s dunk towards the end of the U.S.-Spain game.
Meanwhile, Bolt was the most-discussed athlete during the Games, but he was one of 10 athletes to prompt more than 1 million tweets:
Parsing the data
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay