Cameron Harris, who has had Type 1 diabetes since he was 8 years old, explains the ins and outs of using glucagon for blood sugar lows. Harris hosts a video podcast series called "In Range" on YouTube.Cameron Harris, who has had Type 1 diabetes since he was 8 years old, explains the ins and outs of using glucagon for blood sugar lows. Harris hosts a video podcast series called "In Range" on YouTube.When Kerri Sparling was 7 years old, she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Her family didn't know anyone with the disease, so they sent her to diabetes camp — "where every single camper had Type 1 diabetes," she says."That was my first sense of not
Physicians are torn about using Facebook, Twitter and blogs in their practices. While they recognize the power of such social-media tools, doctors are wary of inadvertently crossing professional boundaries with patients.
And where they are these days may be on their phone or computer, tweeting, texting, posting on Facebook.
But Twitter, blogs and text messaging aren't in the comfort
by Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, MA (Econ.), MHSA, Member, HIMSS eConnecting with Consumers – Social Media Task ForceChronic disease accounts for $3 in every $4 of health spending in the U.S. Four lifestyles – smoking, physical inactivity, harmful use of alcohol, and poor diet – contribute to the non-communicable disease burden which kills 2 in 3 people. At the same time, the U.S. spends more on health care than any other nation in the world. Although the U.S. adopts the most innovative new-new medical technology (from aortic valves to CT scanners), Americans’ health outcomes are generally sub-par. In the U.S., we’re getting a lousy ROI on health spending.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5