Want to know what consumers want from mobile websites? Yesterday my husband and I went shopping for tile for our kitchen and our experience is a perfect case study.I skipped the first result–it’s an ad, and I always skip it. Do you? I digress. I went automatically to the second selection, The Tile Shop | Store Locator, which is obviously a chain and a brand I recognized. Only problem, when I clicked on that link it took me to a broken page on their website. Here’s what I saw.I went back to The Google and went to the next link, which was The Tile & Stone Warehouse. I groaned when I saw that they didn’t have a mobile website, and complained when
Influence Marketing is certainly a topic of heated conversation these days, but very few brands are actually using it as a part of their integrated marketing strategy. I’ve been wondering why companies seem so quick to adopt a social media strategy, but shy away from engaging influencers.Is it because they don’t know how to start the initial conversations? Or because they are afraid they won’t be able to keep influencers interested? Perhaps it’s because they’re worried about their overall brand reputation. Additionally, it’s not at all uncommon for brands to feel uncertain and fearful of losing control of their messaging as they venture into
Did you as a speaker ever wonder what your audience wants? Or how to make a deeper emotional connection with them? Did you as a listener ever get mesmerized or were left star-struck by a speaker’s presentation and wondered how she did that?What does an audience want – what do they really, really want? I’ll tell you what they want, what they really, really want (Is the Spice Girls stuck in your head yet?) Audiences are NOT a huge mystery. In fact, research shows that audiences consistently want 3 things from a speaker. And any speaker can give those to his audience.Of course, you do. Please join me for a FREE 60-minute webinar, 3 Key Ingredients
“Some Companies are more believable than others. Likeability is the real secret to being more trusted, getting more customers, making more money – and perhaps even changing lives.” ~Rohit Bhargava, author of “Likeonomics”
When we’re making decisions to purchase, no matter how great or small, it’s in our nature to discover and investigate every fact we can. We crave trust and we search for resources that can give us the facts we want. But facts by themselves don’t have trust built in. We turn to our network, those around us to help us know what is truly believable.
So what do I know about personal branding? I have only been blogging for a little more than 2 years, and tweeting for just over three years. Well, that is actually part of my story…
This is why I updated my slides on personal branding and challenge everyone in business to wake up and get social and to realize that there is no separation between our
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue