Tinu Abayomi-Paul (@Tinu)
- Twitter Bio:
- Varsity sleeper/insomniac. #wgbiz Editor. Pro paintball tagging morons. Also: Web visibility. & You can't knock my hustle. More me: http://t.co/AEsZpuqM
Marissa Mayer, like many suspicious CEOs, doesn’t like remote work. To be specific, remote work done by work-at-home employees since I assume remote work done while maintaining an insane travel schedule on behalf of the corporate giant would be perfectly acceptable.It doesn’t matter what you think of her decision to force remote employees to come back to the office or leave the company. There are many opinions on whether or not it was the right decision, ranging from a decision she had to make to clean up Yahoo to it’s just an old fashioned attitude that has no place in our brave new, social media connected world.What matters is her opinion isn’
“Thanks, I know this topic is right up your alley Crom....” “Great post, Raquel. You've shared some effective traffic generation tips....” “Hello Ti! I'm testing out several similar sites as well, but have yet to...” “I absolutely love Evernote. It is one of the best tools out there for a...” “Hi Allan Thanks for the comment. We religiously check our Google Analytics...” Teepu hails from the Philippines
Influence Marketing is certainly a topic of heated conversation these days, but very few brands are actually using it as a part of their integrated marketing strategy. I’ve been wondering why companies seem so quick to adopt a social media strategy, but shy away from engaging influencers.Is it because they don’t know how to start the initial conversations? Or because they are afraid they won’t be able to keep influencers interested? Perhaps it’s because they’re worried about their overall brand reputation. Additionally, it’s not at all uncommon for brands to feel uncertain and fearful of losing control of their messaging as they venture into
For me, the emergence of blogs was my burning bush. I didn’t understand it at first, but I’ve come to see that salvation (commonly known as content marketing) is within reach. If only we’re willing to believe.
All joking aside, using a smart keyword strategy (hint: there’s research involved) and the right social media channels (for your business), you can refocus your marketing dollars into a content marketing strategy that’s both sustainable and cost effective.
Combine keywords with a strong on-site blogging platform and social media engagement and you’ve got it. Simple right? Wrong, it’s simple but not easy.
Former Google executive Marissa Mayer started her new gig as Chief Executive Officer at Yahoo yesterday, a highly publicized move that Yahoo hopes will reverse its ailing fortunes. Yahoo has long been struggling with internal turmoil as it attempted – and failed – to compete with its rival: Google. Hiring Ms. Mayer, the 20th employee at Google and involved in everything from Gmail to Google Maps, seems like a smart move but it might not make much difference to the future of the company, according to research analysts studying the firm.
“In the short term, just how much cash Yahoo gets from the sale of its Asian assets — including
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook