Marissa Mayer, like many suspicious CEOs, doesn’t like remote work. To be specific, remote work done by work-at-home employees since I assume remote work done while maintaining an insane travel schedule on behalf of the corporate giant would be perfectly acceptable.It doesn’t matter what you think of her decision to force remote employees to come back to the office or leave the company. There are many opinions on whether or not it was the right decision, ranging from a decision she had to make to clean up Yahoo to it’s just an old fashioned attitude that has no place in our brave new, social media connected world.What matters is her opinion isn’
Influence Marketing is certainly a topic of heated conversation these days, but very few brands are actually using it as a part of their integrated marketing strategy. I’ve been wondering why companies seem so quick to adopt a social media strategy, but shy away from engaging influencers.Is it because they don’t know how to start the initial conversations? Or because they are afraid they won’t be able to keep influencers interested? Perhaps it’s because they’re worried about their overall brand reputation. Additionally, it’s not at all uncommon for brands to feel uncertain and fearful of losing control of their messaging as they venture into
Managing your Twitter presence along with your other online networks can be difficult if you have limited resources.Every business needs at least one management tool to manage its Twitter presence, and there are many excellent Twitter management tools to choose from.SocialBro allows you to not only manage your Twitter account, but it also provides you with useful information you can use for your social media strategy.When you start to build a community, you’ll want to make sure you follow the right people. SocialBro helps you find your target audience through a function called Discover Twitter Users.This feature works with filters and search
When the idea of content marketing started being thrown around, traditional marketers handled it like it they were playing a game of hot potato. They passed it off as quickly as they received it. How is this going to work? Write some content, plunk up it up on your website and ta-da? Who thinks that will ever work…Companies that have embraced content marketing have been awarded a strong, loud voice. It’s allowed them to reach directly into the hearts of their consumers, long before the buying process begins. I’ve had some clients see more than a 300% growth in website traffic in less than 3 months, which has allowed them to share their stories
For me, the emergence of blogs was my burning bush. I didn’t understand it at first, but I’ve come to see that salvation (commonly known as content marketing) is within reach. If only we’re willing to believe.
All joking aside, using a smart keyword strategy (hint: there’s research involved) and the right social media channels (for your business), you can refocus your marketing dollars into a content marketing strategy that’s both sustainable and cost effective.
Combine keywords with a strong on-site blogging platform and social media engagement and you’ve got it. Simple right? Wrong, it’s simple but not easy.
Social Media can be a real asset to marketing your brand but you can also miss some fantastic opportunities to capitalize on the full potential of social media marketing by making some common blunders. John Lusher shared the 11 Things NOT To Do on Social Media. This post will cover solutions to some common mistakes people overlook when planning the steps to their social marketing strategy.
These are just a few ideas that can help improve your social media experience. Do you see other mistakes being
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue